Table of Contents
- Video Recovery
- SD Card Recovery
- Recycle Bin Recovery
- Recover Data from USB
- Recover Deleted Emails
- Hard Drive Not Showing Up in Windows
- Recover Unsaved Word Documents
- Recover Deleted Files in Windows 10/11
- Recover Files from Virus Infected Hard Drive
- Best Free Photo Recovery Software
- Recover Files from Formatted Hard Drive
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|1. Restart or Reinstall Recycle Bin||Restart your computer and try again > reinstall recycle bin in Windows 10/8/7...Full steps|
|2. Empty Recycle Bin Again||Access Settings > choose "System" to continue > choose "Storage" > open "Storage"...Full steps|
|3. Run CMD||Go to Start, search for "Command Prompt" > right-click "Command Prompt"...Full steps|
|4. Restore Recycle Bin Files||Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Select a location and click "Scan"...Full steps|
There Is No Option to Empty Recycle Bin Windows 10
"I have a Windows 10 Ultimate 64-bit computer. One day I decided to change the icon of my recycle bin to something else. After I did that I tried to delete the files in my recycle bin by right-clicking on it and then clicking "Empty Recycle Bin"
But, for some reason, the "Empty Recycle Bin" text is grayed out and I can't click on it. I have to go into the recycle bin and delete everything from there. How do I fix this problem?"
PS: If you are looking for a way to automatically empty the recycle bin on schedule, we can help.
Fix 1. Quickly Fix No Option to Empty Recycle Bin
Most users may encounter this kind of trouble when they accidentally make some changes to their computer. Before you take actions, you must try these steps first.
Step 1. Restart your computer and try again.
Step 2. Reinstall recycle bin in Windows 10/8/7
- Right-click on Desktop > Select Personalize.
- Click on Themes > Click Desktop Icon settings under Related Settings.
- Check Recycle Bin > Click Apply.
If these two steps above fail to help, then you can try these fixes below:
Fix 2. Try Another Way to Empty Recycle Bin
Right-click the recycle bin icon and choosing empty option is not the only way to empty your recycle bin. You can also empty the recycle bin by going to settings. Let's see how to do it.
Step 1: Access Settings.
Step 2: Choose "System" to continue. Choose Storage.
Step 3: Open Storage, and select This PC (or a hard drive) under Storage.
Step 4: Click Temporary files and recycle bin. Choose Empty the recycle bin and tap Remove files.
Fix 3. Run CMD to Fix Corrupted Windows 10 Recycle Bin
- Go to Start, search for "Command Prompt".
- Right-click "Command Prompt" > Select "run cmd as administrator".
- Type: rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin and hit "Enter".
- Reboot the computer and then you can reuse the Recycle Bin.
If this doesn't work, open cmd window again and type: sfc / scannow > Enter. System File Checker will check and fix the problem for you. If the sfc/scannow doesn't work well, refer to SFC (SFC / SCANNOW) Is Not Working on Windows.
Restore Deleted Files from Recycle Bin
Let EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard free help you and fix this problem. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Free enables you to recover deleted files from accidental deletion, hard drive corruption/formatting, system/file system crash, virus attack, or other scenarios. It's fully compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and former Windows versions. You can download it for free and follow these three steps to restore recycle bin data.
1. Launch EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard. Select a location(where the recycle bin is) and click "Scan".
2. The software will start a scanning process in order to find lost files.
3. Choose the file(s) you want to recover by file types from the scanning results. Click "Recover" button to recover the selected files. You'd better choose a different location instead of the original hard drive to avoid data overwriting.
Was This Page Helpful?
Brithny is a technology enthusiast, aiming to make readers' tech life easy and enjoyable. She loves exploring new technologies and writing technical how-to tips. On her spare time, she loves sharing things about her favorite singer - Taylor Swift on her Facebook or Twitter.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a powerful system recovery software, designed to enable you to recover files you’ve deleted accidentally, potentially lost to malware or an entire hard drive partition. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is the best we have seen. It's far from perfect, partly because today's advanced disk technology makes data-recovery more difficult than it was with the simpler technology of the past. Read More
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Pro has a reputation as one of the best data recovery software programs on the market. It comes with a selection of advanced features, including partition recovery, formatted drive restoration, and corrupted file repair. Read More